Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
LACCD Sustainable Building Program
2003 to 2010
- Small Business Outreach Program
- Labor Compliance / PLA
Funded mainly by bonds approved by Los Angeles voters in 2001, 2003 and 2008, LACCD’s Sustainable Building Program is a $6 billion effort to modernize the nine campuses in the District.
Before the Building Program started, the District’s nine colleges were in various states of disrepair and neglect, some having not seen major capital investment in decades.
LACCD Sustainable Building Program would ultimately lead to students better prepared for 21st Century jobs.
- Managed multiple Design-Build & Bid-Build projects for LACCD from award to completion.
- Implemented the Diversity Outreach & Workforce Programs.
- Contract compliance activities for submittals and proposals.
- Designed and facilitated contractor training.
- Collaborated with LA Unified School District (LAUSD) and Metropolitan Water District (MWD) to implement the first, second and third annual California Construction Expo.
- Coordinate, monitor, and ensure contractor/design-builder compliance with LWH and SBE Program
- Exceeded LWHP goal of 63%.
D. Pickett & Associates provided LBE/SBE/DBE outreach and contract compliance to URS Corporation (2006-2010).